These priorities have been identified by CISWC and partners to address challenges:
1) Support and enhance family involvement initiatives
2) Expand and enhance mentoring, tutoring, and other volunteer activities
3) Connect targeted students with existing supportive services
4) Promote college and workforce preparation activities
5) Support early literacy efforts
The CIS process documents volunteer service and partnerships with the schools to reach these anticipated outcomes: improved attendance, improved academic achievement, improved behavior.
Achieving these priorities will lead to increased graduation rates.