The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
The Wayne County community will see CIS as a valuable resource to facilitate the connection of young people with the support they need to graduate from high school and to be contributing and productive members of their communities.
CIS is founded on the belief that every child needs and deserves:
* A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
* A safe place to learn and grow
* A healthy start and a healthy future
* A marketable skill to use upon graduation
* A chance to give back to peers and community